When beginning to think about the topics they would like to cover in their talks, about their formulations or about any other aspect concerning their future discourses at bridal receptions, there is an essential thing that all the speakers must not only take into account, but also be aware of and, most importantly, clarify.
It is the context of the wedding speeches. Mother of the groom, just like any other person who will speak at a party that celebrates the union of two persons, has to be crystal clear about ten elements or aspects, whose ensemble represents the context of her talk.
These ten details help the speaker not only to prepare his or her discourse, but also to deliver it in an impeccable manner. These ten elements define, in fact, what is the most important thing when it comes to a speech of any kind: its atmosphere.
And, when I say “atmosphere”, I refer not only to the environment, ambiance and circumstances where the discourse is offered, but also to the atmosphere that is actually created by the talk.
The Ten Components of the Context of a Mother of the Groom Wedding Speech
Let’s see now what exactly you have to clarify, with regards to your mother of groom speech. Well, there are, in fact, ten questions you have to ask yourself, then remember their answers and become aware of them, since they represent the essence of your talk. The ten elements of the context of the discourse that you will deliver during your son’s wedding ceremony or reception are:
- the atmosphere that you create with your talk;
- the impression about you that you create and let in your listeners’ minds;
- the general tone of your talk;
- the overall purpose of your discourse;
- the “duties” of your talk;
- the principal subject of your speech;
- the persons whom you ought to include in your discourse;
- the reason why you speak;
- the event at which you must speak;
- the immediate circumstances of your speech.